We've prepared a Fusion19 Retreat Info Packet with details about this year's event. You can download a copy by clicking here.
Since we have a new venue for this year's retreat, there are a few things that have changed:
- Lodging and meals will be a little different they have been in the past. Accommodations at the 4-H Center are dormitory style, with overflow rooms in hotel-style lodging. Each youth group will be assigned to a lodge and a set of rooms, but not necessarily to a particular bed. You will need to work out those details amongst yourselves.
- We have a couple of lodges which are quite large, which means that several churches will be in one lodge with ALL females on one floor and ALL males on another floor. This will allow for same-sex bathrooms and shower areas in those lodges. When you check in at the retreat, you will be given a layout of the lodge.
- Smaller youth groups may be sharing lodges with other youth groups. If that is the case, rooms will be assigned to youth groups. No mixed groups should be allowed to gather in bedrooms except in the presence of chaperones. In order to stay in compliance with the UMC Va. Conference’s Safe Sanctuary Standards, no adults should be allowed to room with youth.
- The lodges at the 4-H Center do not have a kitchen or refrigerator! If you need to keep drinks or other things cold, please plan to bring items in a cooler and your own ice.
- We ask each youth group to respect their lodge and the 4-H Center property. If loss, damage or misuse occurs, the church responsible will be billed accordingly by the 4-H Center.
- Meals are included in the retreat cost. All meals will be held in the Smith Central Activities Building. Dietary restrictions are not a problem. Accommodations for any dietary restrictions can be made by letting us know your needs at the time of registration, as we must inform the 4-H Center 14 days in advance of the retreat.
- Some new fee-based individual and group-building activities are available at the 4-H Center during free time. They include a Climbing Wall, Archery, and a Low Ropes Team-Building Course. Equipment and supervision will be provided for each. There is a $5.00 per participant which will be collected upon check-in. If your group would like to partipate, please let us know by February 13th.